Make a difference.
Work With Us.
Part-Time Membership Services Coordinator
Policy + Communications Coordinator
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and more accessible places for everyone to ride starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the communities we serve and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected, and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.
Here at PeopleForBikes, our agreed upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work:
- We continually strive to build and strengthen our team.
- We work together effectively to serve our mission: to make biking better for everyone.
- We have fun!
Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly and we LOVE dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes.
PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy including 23 days (with your birthday off) plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule including work from home options, and one paid day to volunteer. We offer optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a regional public transportation pass for local employees, a laptop, a cell phone plan, along with other benefits. And perhaps the best benefit of all, we have an employee bicycling incentive program that pays you to ride your bike.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and accessible places to ride for everyone starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
We are working to ensure our staff reflects the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. Employing a diverse staff enables us to better serve diverse communities and build an empowering, collaborative and innovative work culture. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where employees from all backgrounds and communities feel welcomed, valued, respected and received.
Externally, our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Subcommittee is working to make the bike industry more inclusive and welcoming by cultivating authentic relationships with historically marginalized communities, developing and sharing DEI resources and working to combat racism, homophobia and misogyny within our own companies. Recognizing that change starts internally, we’re improving our talent management lifecycle. Below are some examples of our current initiatives. This list is not comprehensive nor complete, and our work to create a truly diverse and inclusive workplace is an ongoing process :
- Researching and implementing a fair and equitable hiring process that includes posting salary ranges as a best practice.
- Standardizing our onboarding process with a dedicated team, including a peer buddy, to ensure all new hires have the necessary tools, information and relationships to get started.
- Every staff member receives a professional review twice a year to celebrate strengths and find opportunities for growth. These reviews provide an opportunity for employees to discuss their future and identify any development tools needed for individual career success.
- When an employee leaves PeopleForBikes, we conduct an exit interview to see what we could have done better.
- Soliciting feedback at regular intervals throughout an employee’s lifecycle to identify ongoing opportunities for improvement, ultimately making us a better organization.
We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle. When you work at PeopleForBikes, you help us do the same.