Junior Marketing Manager
Title: Junior Marketing Manager
Location: Boulder, CO (Local Preferred)
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible and more fun. Our mission is to put more people on bikes more often and make every bike ride better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 320 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members and 1.4 million individuals. The U.S. bicycle industry contributes $88 billion annually to the U.S. economy and supports more than 780,000 jobs. PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association and PeopleForBikes also has an affiliated foundation that supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleForBikes Foundation is hiring a Junior Marketing Manager to be responsible for the email channel of our marketing and communications team. They will manage planning, developing, implementing and maintaining PeopleForBikes’ email marketing strategy. The Junior Marketing Manager will take direction from leadership on goals and objectives for the email program for campaigns and organizational communications. They should have an understanding of digital best practices, digital performance reporting experience, an understanding of audience segmentation and are able to make copy, subject line and headline recommendations. This person should also have an understanding of and experience with email platforms, templates and how to use these tools.
This individual will need to be highly collaborative, curious, responsive, thoughtful, understand email marketing trends and able to differentiate between unique audiences and messages.
- Maintain and strengthen our existing pillars of email communications to our various audiences.
- Collaborate alongside the director of marketing, senior designer, copywriter, digital marketing manager and others to develop email campaign run-of-shows from creative briefs.
- Maintain email best practices for various legal compliances to ensure delivery of emails to relevant audiences.
- Track audience engagement and collaborate with team leadership to identify areas of opportunity.
- Report (alongside digital marketing manager) key performance indicators, metrics and more on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintain database lists, best practices and opt-ins/outs.
- Coordinate with communications stakeholders to prioritize email send dates while limiting audience overlap on marketing calendar.
- Assist in the annual email planning process with the director of marketing.
- Manage and participate in fulfillment of rider rewards, store merchandise and more from our Boulder office.
- With input from digital content creator and creative design team, manage, update, and be responsible for PeopleForBikes online store.
- Ensure that non-traditional riders see themselves represented in PFB marketing and communication campaigns
- Other Duties as Assigned: event logistics, organizing and staffing, scheduling and website and blog updates
Don’t meet every requirement? No problem. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they do, so we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Shows an understanding of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion and understands how to incorporate all three.
- Understands and can speak to, or will develop the ability to speak to, the importance of bicycling as a tool for promoting equity and opportunity for disadvantaged groups.
- 1-2 years experience in an email marketing role, managing multiple audiences and several tiers of campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to develop both unique and short-term marketing campaigns as well as ongoing, recurring newsletters and longer-term marketing campaigns.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Pursues input from key stakeholders and solicits feedback from relevant partners in a timely manner.
- Proactive and resourceful in moving projects forward.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team to deliver needed communications in a timely and well communicated manner.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify top content priorities and to develop email themes around these priorities.
- Experience creating email campaigns from creative briefs.
- Familiarity with current email marketing trends, privacy standards and email reporting.
- Comfortable building, maintaining and creating audience lists for both ongoing and special launch campaigns.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to master, customer relationship management tools (Salesforce, SparkInfluence).
- Excellent digital work skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Content Management Tools.
- Experience with Adobe design products preferred but not required.
- Passionate about PeopleForBikes’ mission and the power of the bike to make life great.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all, especially those from underserved and marginalized communities.
- Willing to travel 10% of the time.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
- Our office is ADA accessible. This role will require use of a laptop for several hours and the ability to lift and move packages, tents, tables, and other event-related materials.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience of $46,000 - $57,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy, including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, a flexible work schedule including work from home options and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a cell phone plan and a laptop computer along with many other benefits like industry discounts. As icing on the cake, PeopleForBikes pays you to ride your bike.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms are what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. Our core purpose is to make life great and our core values are to put others first, include everyone and it can always be better. We’ll talk more in the interview process about what these mean, but for now, know that we continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with remote work allowed and we really love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes (and hopefully you love bikes too).
PeopleForBikes is based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. As Boulder is part of the Denver metro area, we prefer the candidate to be in the Denver metro area and to be in the office about 1-3 days per week dependent on in office needs. PeopleForBikes will consider a full-remote position for the right candidate. Regular travel is necessary regardless of location.
Interested applicants should submit the following via email to email@example.com; please put “Junior Marketing Manager” in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter in a single .pdf document. Cover letters should be no longer than one page and briefly explain the applicable experience, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable, and more accessible places for everyone to bike starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the communities we serve and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected, and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from, or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.