Junior Graphic Designer — PeopleForBikes Foundation
Title: Junior Graphic Designer — PeopleForBikes Foundation
Location: Boulder, CO (Remote possible)
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible, and more fun. Our mission is to put more people on bikes more often and make every bike ride better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 280 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members, and 1.3 million individuals. The U.S. bicycle industry contributes $88 billion annually to the U.S. economy and supports more than 780,000 jobs. PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association, and PeopleForBikes also has an affiliated foundation supporting and promoting bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleforBikes Foundation is hiring a talented Junior Graphic Designer to join its Marketing + Communications team. This individual will work closely with the organization’s lead designer and participate in creative working sessions, assist with design projects, and social media creative support. The Junior Graphic Designer will help design and create digital marketing materials and related content for other platforms in this role. They will report to and work under the team’s senior members’ guidance and increase their creative skillset while completing tasks and projects to support the PeopleforBikes mission. Sample tasks include working on logos and branding, layouts, and collaborating cross-functionally with other stakeholders.
- Design digital images for social media or other types of marketing collateral.
- Contribute to layout, typography, and photography decisions.
- Conduct market research.
- Take direction from the lead designer.
- Print collateral, including business cards, mail, and media.
- Adhere to project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirements if appropriate.
- Familiarity with Mac-based products and Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively within a team environment.
- Ability to produce high-quality materials while adhering to deadlines.
- College degree, all majors considered, or equivalent experience.
- Drive and motivation to create design materials that speak to diverse audiences.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable, and affordable access to bicycling for all members of a community.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
- Experience in an internship or entry-level graphic design role.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience of $40 to $45K. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid time off (PTO) policy including 25 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule including work from home options, and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a regional public transportation pass, a cell phone plan, along with other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. We continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission, and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with some remote work allowed, and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes.
Interested applicants should submit the following via email to email@example.com; please put “Junior Graphic Designer” in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter in a single .pdf document. Cover letter should be no longer than one page and briefly explain the applicable experience, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Portfolio of past work.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable, and more accessible places for everyone to ride starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the communities we serve and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected, and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from, or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.