Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA, INC., AND ITS AFFILIATE ENTITIES, ARE NOT PARTICIPANTS IN OR SPONSORS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
View rules for the Jens Voigt "Shut Up Legs" Sweepstakes here.
1. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period 4/1/2014 - 12/31/2015 by signing up for the PeopleForBikes movement. Sign up online or in person to be included. Signup online at PeopleForBikes.org or in person at a PeopleForBikes event, retailer, or associate. Must sign up by 11pm MT on 12/31/15 to be eligible for bike giveaway.
There is no obligation to sign up to win. To enter without joining, print your name, address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number on a 3" x 5" card and mail it to:
Signup Bike Contest
PO Box 2359
Boulder, CO 80306
Limit one entry per person. The winner is selected from all valid entries. Mailed entry be received by 12/31/14.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the other US Territories who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: Random drawings will occur on a monthy basis from April 2014 to October 2014, and then on a schedule at the discretion of PeopleForBikes thereafter. Winner will be selected by PeopleForBikes within five (5) days after the end of the month from among all eligible entries received by PeopleForBikes, whose decisions are final and binding. Winner will be notified either via phone, e-mail or postal mail, at Sponsor's discretion, within 3 days after the drawing is held. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted within ten (10) days or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Depending on drawing schdule, at least eight (8) bicycles total will be awarded. Winner must respond by the 15th of each month to claim prize. Approximate value per bicycle: $1,500. All other expenses not specified herein, including bicycle assembly, are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 3 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
7. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court in Colorado.
8. WINNER'S LIST: For name of each monthly winner, available after the 15th of each month, starting in April and ending in October, send an e-mail to [email protected] For the name of winners thereafter, email [email protected] by December 31, 2014.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is PeopleForBikes, P.O. Box 2359, Boulder, CO 80306