Green Lane Project
Resources about protected bike lanes
Here are some helpful resources for cities working to put protected bike lanes on the ground and improve their low-stress biking network.
What is a protected bike lane?
Protected bike lane statistics
These facts and stats can help you make the case for the benefits of protected bike lanes.
Inventory of protected bike lanes
View and sort our inventory of protected bike lanes across the United States, those on the ground, in progress or just planned. Last comprehensive update: September 2014.
- Protected Bike Lanes Mean Business: Case studies on how 21st centrury transportation networks help new urban economies boom. Printed copy $10 ($5 for shipping included).
- Selling Biking: A first-of-its-kind quantitative and qualitative study on the messages and images that make people feel good about bicycling.
- Explain Your Lane: This resource guide illustrates key ways to incorporate communications and outreach into the planning, implementation and post-implementation phases of a bicycle project.
- Survey findings related to FHWA guidance: Results of an online survey to learn how many cities are building innovative bike projects, whether existing design guidance is adequate and how these projects are funded.
Tech Talk blog posts
Our blog regularly covers technical issues surrounding protected lane design and maintenance. A few examples:
- The best street sweepers for clearing protected bike lanes
- Wonktastic chart rates 15 different ways to protect bike lanes
- New innovations may make it dirt cheap to color streets
We keep a list of upcoming and past webinars about issues related to protected bike lanes.
Stream, download and embed video from the Green Lane Project's Vimeo page.
View and download pictures of protected bike lanes from our Flickr photostream.