Want to hit the road for PFB? We’re hiring.
January 22, 2013
Four amazing people are at the heart of the PeopleForBikes movement. They are our events crews, and they travel the U.S., hopping from bike festival to bike festival, to collect pledges for PFB and spread the bike love. We're looking for our 2013 PFB events crews—one pair based in the eastern U.S. and another based in the west. If you have a love for adventure, a passion for bikes, and want a crazy fun job for the summer of 2013, read on.
We are seeking four new staffers (two separate teams of two individuals each) to help grow our PeopleForBikes (PFB) pledge base even further in 2013. The Seasonal Events Crews coordinate and lead all seasonal events for the PFB campaign. We are seeking to represent PFB at multiple events throughout the United States. One team will be based mostly in the western half of the country, and the other team will serve events on the eastern half. This position is seasonal, with employee status, along with a set compensation of $12,500 per person for the duration of the project (roughly six months). While on the road, most expenses will be absorbed by Bikes Belong (within a daily per diem guideline). Start date for part-time work (hours are flexible) is March 1, 2013. Must be available full-time beginning April 1, 2013. Work hours from May through September require weekends, with driving and occasional events on weekdays. A new Volkswagen PeopleForBikes.org branded vehicle will be provided for transportation to and from events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research the best events for PFB and plan seasonal events schedule
• Orchestrate all details for each event (i.e. shipping, arrival/departure times, space requirements, materials needed, etc)
• Organize volunteers to assist at each event
• Travel to all events
• Make travel arrangements for you and your partner for each event
• Handle the logistics of setup, takedown, and booth maintenance at each event
• Lead efforts to collect pledges for PFB at each event
• Act as an ambassador for the PFB and Bikes Belong programs, answer questions knowledgeably and professionally
• Capture photos and video clips at each event
• Upload photos/video/short messages about events to social media channels
• Write monthly blogs
• Strive to make connections at each event that will lead to further promotion of the PFB movement
• File trip reports and other regular documentation on a recurring basis
• Visit retailers, suppliers, and other businesses that support PFB
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience managing events
• Ability to act as a professional and responsible ambassador for our brand
• Good “people person” with strong customer service and oral communication skills
• Team-oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other individuals
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
• Ability to compose well-framed photos
• Proficiency creating basic videos
• Experience using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
• Willing to travel regularly
• Must possess a valid drivers license, a clean driving record, and be willing to drive between events as needed
• Direct experience in the bicycling industry, outdoor industry, or nonprofit desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Marketing/Public Relations, Communications, Management) or related field
• Anyone is welcome to apply, but couples have historically worked well given the unique nature of working with a partner for long periods of time, away from home
• A love of travel and a sense of adventure
• Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms (commuting, recreation and sport)
Compensation and Benefits:
These contracted positions are seasonal with a set compensation of $12,500 per individual for the approximate six month commitment. In addition, a per diem is provided to help offset or absorb all necessary travel expenses. Consequently, due to the nature of the position, most of the standard living expenses are covered.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references as one PDF file to Sarah Murer, Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected].
• All materials should be received by February 15, 2013
• Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
• Please include “Seasonal Events Manager” and your name in the subject line of your email application.
PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.blog comments powered by Disqus