PeopleForBikes seeks Data Analyst + Systems Manager
October 30, 2013
PeopleForBikes is hiring a Data Analyst and System Manager to further develop a comprehensive grassroots campaign database and grow our local and national advocacy campaigns for more and better bicycling. This person will manage — using both in-house resources and third-party contractors — the architecture and strategic direction of our organizational data collection systems.
This full-time exempt position is based in the PeopleForBikes offices in Boulder, CO, and is part of the Bohm Strategy Center. The successful candidate will serve as PeopleForBikes' lead data analyst and information system manager and will work with our staff, partners and independent contractors to implement key objectives.
Desired qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree with experience in data management and analysis, GIS, or equivalent experience. Hands-on experience with relational database applications, online content and constituent relationship management systems and the basic architectures of underlying systems. Demonstrated success with online, data-driven campaigns using technology interfaces.
The ideal candidate will work relentlessly to strategically and creatively grow our database – capturing contact information for every type of bicycle rider and supporter of cycling in America. He/she will bring strong communication and presentation skills to the position.
The Data Analyst and System Manager will use data mining and micro-targeted campaigns to reinforce the efforts of local, state and national advocacy groups. This person will also work as part of a team to develop effective ways to engage businesses and individuals to build public and political support for cycling. This person will develop and refine analytics, metrics and evaluation techniques to test and prove program effectiveness.
The Data Analyst and System Manager will be comfortable using various database technologies, GIS applications, managing outside contractors and training/supporting staff to be successful with these tools.
- Manage PeopleForBikes’ SalesForce and Blue State Digital constituency relationship manager solutions.
- Cleanse and organize all constituent data to facilitate targeted marketing and communications.
- Implement strategies for acquiring new constituent data.
- Manage vendors and related contracts and volunteer/in-kind services in support of cost-effective data management, CRM and IT infrastructure.
- Develop short-term and long range plans and goals for PeopleForBikes data and analytics.
- Adhere to all privacy laws and navigate and direct the organization in relation to individual privacy best practices.
- Provide training and support so team members can be effective and or self-sufficient with the various tools adopted.
- Integrate GIS technology solutions.
Compensation and Benefits: This “at will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance, paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email with “Data Analyst and System Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.blog comments powered by Disqus