PeopleForBikes seeks Bike Business Organizer
January 13, 2017
The PeopleForBikes Coalition is seeking a full-time employee to help organize, engage and inspire businesses to support bicycling as part of the PeopleForBikes Business Network.
PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry association that works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make bicycling better for everyone. Through the Business Network, PeopleForBikes works with elected officials to boost support for bike riding at the federal, state and local levels.
The Bike Business Organizer works daily to engage business in our coalitions for more and better bicycling, educates and involves the bike industry in PeopleForBikes and helps expand DRAFT Meetups nationally.
The ideal candidate will have business engagement experience, is innovative and creative, and will bring strong organizational and writing skills to the position.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, government, or a related field.
- A strong interest in business engagement – Experience or participation in the tech sector, start-ups, business or trade associations, membership departments, leadership programs, business coalitions or chambers of commerce.
- Desire to work on a diverse range of projects – Business organizing, events, political projects, marketing materials, website content, and administration work
- Project management and organization – Must be able to meet deadlines, juggle projects, priorities and relationships and adjust to changes without missing a beat.
- Collaboration – Professional demeanor with the ability to communicate and work efficiently with co-workers and a variety of partners including bike industry executives, retailers and staff of elected officials.
- Motivated – Strong work ethic and self-directed.
- Communication skills – Clear oral communicator and the capability to create, draft and edit written materials and adhere to brand standards.
- Foresight – Capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan ahead.
- Passion for bicycles – A desire to improve bike riding in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel.
- Assist in managing DRAFT: Colorado Meetup.
- Organize our expanding nationwide series of DRAFT Meetups by recruiting and assisting with DRAFT events and finding creative ways to increase business outreach and engagement.
- Help grow and improve our business coalition: creatively bring together the bike industry across the nation by using current tactics and adapting new ones from other sectors.
- Manage PeopleForBikes Coalition Retailer Advisory Committee.
- Help manage Industry Advocacy Action Team including events and regular communications.
- Track and report on businesses, contacts and key communications in our Salesforce database.
- Assist with the development, creation and maintenance of the PeopleForBikes–Business Network website page.
- Provide content for the main PeopleForBikes website
- Collaborate in managing PFB’s social media presence as it relates to business engagement.
- Assist with production of mass HTML emails and other electronic communications
- Assist with the production of newsletters, brochures, annual reports, flyers, press releases, advertisements and other materials.
- Prepare PowerPoints and other presentation materials.
- Interface and coordinate with communications-related vendors, including marketing consultants, advertising agencies, event organizers, web developers, photographers, etc.
- Work closely with senior management to adhere to budget guidelines
- Assist in developing metrics for business engagement, track businesses within our Salesforce and use metrics to assess outcomes.
- Collaborate in strategy development for the Business Network and its programs.
- Contribute to the upkeep of a small office.
- Administrative and other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits: This is an “at will” full-time employee position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email with “Bike Business Organizer” in the subject line to [email protected].
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for more general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
blog comments powered by Disqus